Position: Triage and Care Coordination Nurse
Reports to: Lead Nurse
Remedy brings on-demand urgent care by a board-certified medical provider to you on your smartphone or at your home. We are changing the game for healthcare in Texas and beyond by bringing consumers a simple and convenient way to address minor emergencies and illnesses. Simply pull out your smartphone, request a doc, and we come to you.
What’s it like to be a part of Remedy?
Remember when doctors used to do house calls? At Remedy, we're devoted to bringing back that kind of patient-centered and easy-to-access care. We take care of people. We are compassionate, service-oriented, providing excellent care, and having a blast disrupting the traditional model of healthcare.
Our vision is to be the patient’s most trusted and beloved guide, the first touchpoint for the delivery of simple, effective, and compassionate medical care.
Patients often don’t know where to go these days. The ER? The walk-in clinic? Telemedicine? Remedy is their guide in this storm, helping them to find the right solution for their problem.
Why this isn’t your typical nursing job
- As a triage nurse with Remedy, you are helping us build a better way to urgent care. With Remedy, patients don’t have to sit in the waiting room anymore!
- Patients love Remedy and routinely leave 5-star reviews online after our service. Imagine a job where you get constant positive feedback. One of our providers said, “This is the most fun I’ve had practicing medicine in 25 years!”
- We are a startup that has demonstrated significant traction already in our core market of Austin, Texas. We are plugged into the startup and tech culture and are enjoying disrupting the market with new ideas.
- We are looking for forward-thinking nurses who want to be a part of the new way healthcare is being delivered.
- We aim to delight our patients. Solving a patient’s problem quickly on the phone or getting them on the path to a Remedy visit gives them a delightful experience that they tell their friends and family about.
As a triage nurse, you will:
- Be available for all or blocks of time between 8a-8p complete assigned tasks from providers as appropriate
- Provide triage and advice using the nursing process, specific protocols and established resources
- Select and deliver appropriate follow-up materials
- Provide professional, safe and effective care-related advice to patients
- Incorporate Remedy’s electronic health record (EHR) in the documentation and decision-making process
- Collaborate and communicate with the other members of the Remedy team
- Coordinate care for patients needing urgent and chronic referral to specialists
- Manage follow up texting technology to triage patients needing continued care
- Oversee all outbound and incoming lab and imaging results and involve necessary parties in evaluation of results
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing
- Minimum of three years of nursing experience in ER, family or urgent care with experience in both pediatrics and adult medicine
- Great interpersonal skills and friendly disposition
- Adeptness with technology and apps
- Professionalism in all interactions with staff and patients
- Current with all required licensing and certifications
- Adaptability! We are a start-up, so we haven’t figured everything out yet. We need competence combined with flexibility.
- Ability to move quickly and adjust workflow as needed to keep up with changing demands of the role
- Passion for what we are doing in revolutionizing healthcare
We are looking for nurses who align with our Core Values. These are:
- Simplicity: we look for the easiest way to satisfy our clients.
- Clinical Excellence: we practice high-quality, evidence-based medicine.
- Humility: we consider others better than ourselves both on our team and with clients.
- Obsessed with Patient Experience: just that. We strive to deliver delightful medical care.
- Rest and Restore: we want our patients to relax while we do the heavy lifting. We also believe that our staff should practice in a well-balanced, healthy environment.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive rate for triage/care coordination nursing
- Be part of a fun and growing team that loves what we’re doing!
- Benefits available for full time status including medical, dental, and soon to come retirement
Equal Employment Opportunity Remedy is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.