Remedy is changing healthcare. We bring on-demand urgent care by a board-certified medical provider to your home, or phone via Video Visits. Simply pull out your phone, request a doc, and we come to you.
What’s it Like to Be Part of Remedy
Remember when doctors used to do house calls? At Remedy, we’ve devoted to bringing back that kind of patient-centered and easy-to-access care. We take care of people. We are compassionate, service oriented, providing excellent care, and having a blast disrupting the traditional model of healthcare.
- Abstract pertinent information from patient records and assign the appropriate ICD, CPT, and HCPCS codes.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Remedy SOPs with respect to billing commercial payers, Medicare/Medicaid, and self-funded corporate clients.
- Obtain acceptable productivity/quality rates as defined per coding policy.
- Query providers when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Maintain knowledge of and complies with coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Conduct chart audits for provider documentation requirements & internal coding; provides education as appropriate.
- Comply with all legal requirements regarding coding procedures and practices
- Submit statistical data for analysis and research by other departments
- Verify that processed claims are accurate before patients are notified of balance due.
- Additional duties as assigned.
We will consider any candidate who might be the right fit for our team. At a minimum, we require:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
- Trained in ICD-9/10 coding, medical terminology, data management, data entry, and other administrative tasks. Familiar with various computerized coding programs and electronic health records.
- Minimum 5 years’ medical coding experience inside a large hospital or primary physician practice
- Certified Coding Specialist; Coding certification required or in process
- An understanding of provider reimbursement practices including capitation, sub-capitation, case rates, global rates, per diems, percentage discounts, usual and customary fee schedules, RVU and RBRVS-based fee schedules, purchased repriced network, and health plan specific schedules
- Knowledge of health insurance, HMO and managed care principles, Medicare and Medicaid claims
- Superior mathematical skills
- Commitment to high level customer service
- Expertise with ICD-9 and 10 codes and procedures,
- Working knowledge of medical jargon and anatomy, as well as principles of HIPAA/Patient confidentiality
Compensation & Benefits
- Full time position.
- Hourly compensation.
- Medical & Dental benefits for full time.
- Retirement coming soon
- Partial monthly gym reimbursement.
- Healthy snacks and drinks in office.