Welcome to CareHive
Come join us as we transform health care.
CareHive is a next generation health-tech platform coupled with the power of sophisticated navigational and clinical services. Our product suite is leading the evolution of human-centered and technology-enabled healthcare. It connects people to the right care at the right time to achieve better outcomes and lowered costs.
Our medical providers and patient navigation team are core to effective clinical decision making and empathetic care, and we are proud of our awards for customer experience.
Senior Director of Patient Experience
Reports to Vice President of Clinical Operations
The Senior Director of Patient Experience will lead CareHive’s team of patient navigators who are the first line human interface with our patients, helping to guide them to the right level of care, building rapport and engagement, assisting them with questions on insurance, managing referrals, support using the portal software, problem solving, scheduling visits, etc. The Senior Director will be responsible for departmental strategy and execution, as well as the day-to-day management of the team as we expand in size and into different aspects of patient support and care.
What You’ll Do
- Develop patient experience team workflows, policies and procedures that meet clinical and business requirements and support accuracy and consistency in recording activities and outcomes
- Drive continuous improvement of operational support processes, client and patient satisfaction, and the application of tools & technology to support an efficient and seamless patient experience. Develop and lead implementation of recommendations.
- Monitor and evaluate team members’ performance, provide learning or coaching opportunities, and take corrective action if necessary
- Collaborate and lead discussions with clinical and product teams to translate business and patient needs into product and operational support requirements
- Lead efforts with the IT and technology teams to identify and implement key software tools, such as CRM and phone systems, to support your team's activities and provide operational data
- Work closely with the data and analytics team in establishing reporting dashboards that accurately track staff and department performance, productivity, achieve client SLAs and contribute to our clients’ ROI
- Analyze and report on operational achievements, team productivity, customer/patient satisfaction scores and other key metrics
- Create and implement training programs to maintain ongoing consistency and standards in operational workflows and protocols, ensuring valid and reliable records of activities and outcomes
- Identify knowledge gaps and implement programs to meet the evolving needs of new clients and offerings
- Ensure navigators understand and comply with all patient experience objectives, performance standards and policies
- Establish staffing levels, scheduling policies and procedures to ensure 24/7 call coverage
- Hire to meet increased demand and add to the team’s breadth of skill sets
- Be able and willing to roll up your sleeves and take a shift to really understand the navigator’s role and stay current with patient needs as our solutions evolve
Who You Are
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in a related field plus a minimum of 10 years’ experience, with at least 5 in healthcare, ideally in patient experience/engagement, health coaching, case management or primary care
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience in a nurse line, call center, customer service or patient experience setting
- Clinical certification such as RN, LVN a strong plus
- Experience in defining requirements and implementing customer support tools and software
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations, patient privacy and other legal policies
- Proficiency with technology, especially computers, software applications, and phone systems
- Ability to coach, train, and motivate employees and evaluate their performance.
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Analytical, efficient and thorough.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and navigate tense situations, especially during busy hours.
- Data analysis and interpretation skills to critically evaluate what the data says