In a nutshell - compelling storytelling > marketing tactics. It's basically 2020, so to be an effective marketing leader, everyone is, to some extent, a "digital marketing manager."
We're looking for someone who works independently, thinks creatively, takes ownership and - perhaps most importantly - has a capacity for empathy such that they can adopt and understand the customer's problems and perspective.
Before reading any further - can you demonstrate that? If so, give in example in your cover letter.
Additional responsibilities - to develop and manage marketing programs in specific channels, support business objectives, lead acquisition, foster customer retention, execute business development, provide sales support, and advance brand building.
Responsibilities for Marketing Manager
- Build marketing programs to support specific marketing objectives across different channels and segments in support of our overall strategic marketing plan, which includes both B2B and B2C efforts.
- Market through various channels and segment databases working with large data sets
- Develop business cases for marketing programs at the proposal stage and make recommendations on marketing tactics
- Evaluate the impact of marketing programs in achieving their stated objectives, including impact on lead flow, LTV and retention
- Propose and manage marketing research projects to generate consumer insights in support of improved marketing strategy and communications
- Partner with other internal stakeholders, and external agencies and vendors
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, driving collaboration with the stakeholders and leveraging the right internal processes
- Work with the other marketing teams, other internal stakeholders, and external agencies and vendors
Qualifications for Marketing Manager - Taste + Talent
- Experience building complex marketing programs and reporting on the results
- Exposure to digital and direct response marketing
- Competence as a creative writer with an eye for great emails and landing pages
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking
- We’re looking for someone with 4+ years of experience in marketing, has a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business or similar, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Google Analytics
- Facebook / Instagram Ads
- Keynote / PPT
- Google Ads