Position: Medical Assistant - FT/PT/PRN
Reports to: Lead Medical Assistant
Remedy brings on-demand urgent care by a board-certified medical provider to you on your smartphone or at your home. We are changing the game for healthcare in Texas and beyond by bringing consumers a simple and convenient way to address minor emergencies and illnesses. Simply pull out your smartphone, request a doc, and we come to you. Our med techs provide in home supplementary testing for our video visit services rendered by a board-certified provider.
- Complete orders from video visit provider in patient's homes
- Perform rapid tests including strep, influenza, and urinalysis.
- Measure vital signs, including blood pressure, temperature, pulse, weight, and document in patient charts.
- Perform venipuncture.
- Perform intramuscular injections on children and adults.
- Collect and order labs, including STD/STI tests, cultures, and bloodwork.
- Be familiar with the EHR, and confirm that all demographic information for the patient has been documented.
- Accurately and efficiently document vitals and tests performed in the EHR while complying with documentation requirements for insurance and billing.
- Understand applicable legal concepts such as HIPAA and patient confidentiality.
- Ensure that Remedy vehicle is clean and fueled for use.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment including sanitizing workspaces, stocking supplies, and proper disposal of used medical equipment
- Perform daily inventory of medical supplies and ensure proper restocking of missing material.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Medical Assistant.
We will consider any candidate who might be the right fit for our team. Pre-professional students who are looking to gain experience in the medical field are often a great fit! At a minimum, we require:
- Knowledge and demonstration of proper grammar and spelling in documentation, ability to write concisely, clearly and logically.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and high school diploma or equivalent.
- Great interpersonal skills and friendly, compassionate disposition.
- Computer and iPad skills. Ability to learn an iPad based EHR and use it properly.
- Ability to learn new skills and applications on iOS devices.
- Ability to maintain and adjust to changing needs of company.
- A passion for medicine and to provide Remedy patients with an incredible experience.
- Requires occasional lifting. Ability to lift 20+ pounds unassisted.
- BLS CPR Certification
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to changing work responsibilities and policies as we grow.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hourly compensation
- Medical & Dental benefits for full time
- Partial monthly gym reimbursement
- Healthy snacks and drinks in office
- Awesome letters of recommendation for medical school, physician assistant school, nursing school, etc.
- Start-up office vibe with room for growth and advancement